Evidence-based Public Policy & Strategy
Indecon is recognised as the leading provider of evidence-based public policy & strategy advice in Ireland. Our team includes senior economists with extensive experience in both the public and private sectors, and across a wide range of policy areas.
Our public policy clients include central Government Departments and agencies, and local authorities, in Ireland and internationally. The Indecon group also advises international institutions, including the European Commission, on policy-related issues.
We are familiar with the latest policy developments and latest evaluation and analytical tools in Ireland and internationally. Our specialised economists have the expertise to undertake a wide range of tasks across all main public policy areas.
We have advised on the development of the Government’s Public Spending Code, and we have in-depth knowledge and extensive experience in applying the Code to the appraisal and evaluation of major current and capital expenditure proposals. We have also advised our clients on the application of European Commission and European Investment Bank guidance in these areas.
We specialise in undertaking appraisals (including Cost-Benefit Analyses) of investment projects, programme and project evaluations, value-for-money assessments, and strategic policy reviews.
For further information on Indecon's public policy services, please contact William Batt, Senior Partner, at email: email@example.com, or at the following address:
4 Clyde Road,
Dublin 4, D04 XP99
Tel: + 353 (0)1 677 7144
Indecon provides public policy & strategy advice across a wide range of sectors, including:
- Agriculture, Food and Marine
- Communications and Digital Economy
- Education & Training and Labour Markets
- Environment and Climate Action
- Health and Social Care
- Local and Regional Government and Economic Development
- Research & Innovation
- Tourism & Hospitality
- Social Policy
- Taxation Policy
Key cross-cutting themes and skillsets that stand out across our public policy & strategy work include:
- Application of the ‘Public Spending Code’ to appraisal and evaluation of publicly funded investments and spending programmes (this includes application of Cost-Benefit Analysis, Cost-Effectiveness Analysis, Multi-Criteria Analysis, Scenario and Sensitivity Analysis, Ex-Post Evaluations and Post-Project Reviews)
- Governance Reviews (incl. Periodical Critical Reviews of state bodies and sectoral delivery frameworks in line with Government’s Code of Practice for the Governance of State Bodies
- Undertaking Sectoral Reviews (incl. Socio-Economic Impact Assessments)
- Strategy formulation for government bodies
- Regulatory Impact Assessments of proposed legislative changes/initiatives
- Behavioural Economics (incl. Behavioural Experiment Techniques)